Friday, November 25, 2011

Thankful Thursdays + Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi Everyone!  I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are now adequately (and maybe uncomfortably) stuffed with turkey, stuffing, yams and pumpkin pie.  I myself had a really great Thanksgiving and spent it with my "in-laws."  I made the simple version of Thanksgiving this year, but still ended up with a couple hours' worth of dishes. 

Now, I am exhausted but satisfied.  I have yummy food in my belly, a beautiful home, friends and two wonderful families.  All of this makes me feel very grateful. 

So, for my last Thankful Thursdays post, I thought that I would tell you the few things that I am really, really thankful for this whole year.

People are by far, the most important aspect of my life.  I love the people in my life and have always felt really blessed to have them. I don't know, but I guess it takes a little bit of distance to really see what you have and how lucky you are and I learned that lesson when I arrived here in Germany.  The people in your life, your friends and family are priceless; cherish them. 

So, first and foremost, I am thankful for Peter.  He is my best friend.  He knows me better than anyone and loved my stinky, blistered feet when we met on the Camino; he loved the no-makeup me.  He makes me laugh and he makes my heart sing.  And last night he looked into my eyes and told me how much  he loves me.  I am such a lucky girl. 

I am thankful for my family.  We are beautiful and tight-knit and we love each other a lot.  We are all healthy (espeically my dad)  and my family makes me feel complete. 


Additionally, I am very appreciative of my German family, my in-laws.  They are amazing people who love me as if I were their own child.  They are always there for me and I love them, too!

I also feel really thankful for my childhood best friend and FFF, Danu.  She's a beautiful, inspiring woman and we have so much in common.   It couldn't be more fun to hang out with her and she is always there for me when I need her. 

Last but not least, I get to all of my friends!  I am so grateful for them all and for you all.  I have such strong, inspiring people in my life and I feel lucky everyday to have so much love come my way.  Ben, my awesome bestie who I need on a daily basis and who often needs me.  Brittany, my other amazing childhood friend who is always wacky with me, but is also a great listener and a loyal friend.  The Fab Five, my high school group.  The Boat House, my college friends, and so much more!  I am a lucky girl...I am lucky because I have all the love a girl could want.  I feel so grateful that all these people are in my life.  I wish I was at one big Thanksgiving table with all of them now!

Enjoy your feast and your day and give and get a little love!

No comments: